Here at Eagle Animal Hospital we strive to provide all the information you will need to give your new puppy or Kitten a happy, healthy life. Below are links to resources that are important for any new pet owner.
Important Pet Phone Numbers
Here are just a few important phone numbers to know (but hopefully will not have to use) for you pet throughout their lifetime.
- Chester County Animal Control
- Pet Poison Helpline
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center The cost of this service $75 1(888) 426-4435
- Pet Loss Support Hotline Free 24/7 confidential resource (855) 352-5683
Canine and Feline Diet Brands
Choosing the right food for your furry little friend can be tricky. Below you will find a list put together by our Doctors here at Eagle Animal Hospital that we hope will help guide you in deciding which brand to feed your dog or cat.
- Hill's Science Diet
- Royal Canin
- Purina ONE/Purina ProPlan
- Natural Balance (for skin allergies)
There is no best diet, despite all the marketing claims to the contrary. Every pet is unique and the goal is to find the best diet for your individual pet. Your pet may respond better to one diet than the other. We do not recommend the "all natural", "organic", "holistic", or "grain free" diets for your pets. Many of these diets are unregulated and inconsistently produced. These types of diets may contribute to the formation of urinary crystals which can lead to cystic calculi (bladder stones), anal gland issues, soft stools, and heart disease.
This website also has excellent information for pet owners: https://vetnutrition.tufts.edu/
Choosing the right pet insurance for your pet can be overwhelming. It is important to know what questions to ask when selecting the best plan for you and your furry friend. Below is a list of pet insurance companies that we here at Eagle Animal Hospital have dealt with and clients have had good experiences with.
Boarding and Daycare
Everyone needs a vacation, including your pets!
- Wagsworth Manor Pet Resort
- Hickory Springs Farm Kennel 1095 Pike Springs Road, Phoenixville PA, 19460 (610) 933-9584
Training can be an important factor to a healthy and stress-free lifestyle for you and your pet!
- Polite Paws Dog Training Owner: Shannon Sumner (484) 593-0119
- Bark Busters Home Dog Training